Using a mix of formal presentation, class exercises and syndicate work you should, by the end of the session, have:
• Reminded yourself about the legal background
• Revisited the principles and practice of assessing risk
• Applied those principles in the biological context
• Reviewed appropriate standards of laboratory management and operation
• Reflected on changes for the future and drawn up an action plan
Before you attend: find two examples of risk assessments for activities that involve biological hazards, minutes of your last safety committee, a copy of your spill procedure and notes or report from an inspection done within the last 3 months. Bring these with you to review as part of the action planning exercise.
This course is aimed at Biosafety Officers, BioPharma directors and managers, Biosafety Administrators (industry and universities) and Biosafety committee members.