Plasticell Ltd is a UK biotechnology company that develops advanced therapies through precise manipulation of stem cells using award-winning combinatorial screening platform technology CombiCult®.
The company is working on several therapeutic programs including the expansion of hematopoietic stem cells (HSC) and the manufacture of red blood cells, platelets and immune cells from iPSCs. In addition, Plasticell partners with pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies to radically improve ATMP manufacturing.
A Senior Scientist position is now available to join our team at Stevenage. Candidates should have a PhD or equivalent in a scientific discipline such as cell biology, immunology or other related biological sciences and the experience in one or more of the following areas: stem cell biology, iPSCs, human HSCs, stem cell differentiation, viral vector based gene delivery systems, cell-based assays and high content imaging platforms. Ability to work in dynamic small-group environments is preferred.
Above all we value scientific integrity, a positive attitude, and the ability to integrate effectively in a highly driven team. Successful applicants will have the opportunity to work with leading stem cell scientists and advisors from industry and academia, and to gain experience in a wide range of cutting-edge techniques.
In addition to an extremely stimulating work environment in proximity to both young biotech companies and big pharma, we offer a competitive salary, as well as attractive pension and healthcare plans.
· Project leadership to actively drive therapeutic programs, contribute to INDenabling studies, ensuring scientific excellence and industrial standards
· Plan and perform studies in cutting edge industrial cell and gene therapy projects and find creative ways to address scientific questions.
· Design and execute work packages in accordance with project plans and work diligently and efficiently to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
· Develop and execute collaborative industry projects, ensuring these are aligned to strategic company goals and objectives.
· Build networks of external experts to identify and leverage new development opportunities and share best practices.
· Maintain a high degree of understanding and awareness of internal and external developments in stem cell research and to foster a working environment that promotes innovation.
· Contribute scientific and technical expertise to multiple project teams
· Coach and mentor the team's technical assistants whilst ensuring that they comply with agreed protocols to an industry standard. Requirements:
· PhD or equivalent in a relevant scientific discipline with experience in stem cell research and regenerative medicine
· Experience with mammalian cell culture and cellular assays, stem cell differentiation, viral vector-based gene delivery systems and high content imaging platforms.
· Experience in handling and differentiation of human induced pluripotent stem cells.
· Hands-on approach to work, a strong sense of discipline and initiative, excellent planning and organisation skills and excellent ability to work effectively in multidisciplinary teams· High levels of innovation and creativity to solve complex scientific problems
· Experience working in projects across different therapeutic areas, strong organisational skills that facilitate planning, multitasking within timelines and deadlines
· Ability to independently develop, optimise and deploy research support, as a member of a closely collaborative team
· Experience in or collaborating with the pharmaceutical industry and the drug discovery process would be an advantage but not essential
· Working knowledge of GMP for ATMPs and regulations for cell and gene therapy products would be desirable.
Excellent communication skills and work ethic.
• Salary according to Experience