Plasticell Ltd is a UK biotechnology company that develops advanced therapies through precise manipulation of stem cells using award-winning combinatorial screening platform technology CombiCult®. The company is working on several therapeutic programs including the expansion of hematopoietic stem cells (HSC) and the manufacture of red blood cells, platelets and immune cells from iPSCs. In addition, Plasticell partners with pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies to radically improve ATMP manufacturing.
A unique opportunity is now available to join our team at Stevenage as a Senior Scientist to contribute to Innovate UK funded discovery project in creating iPSC-derived blood cells for immuno-oncology. The combined effort of several teams aims at production of genetically engineered off-the-shelf cellular product that will fit the requirements of the modern medicine. We highly value your scientific integrity, positive attitude, and the ability to integrate effectively in a highly driven team.
- Develop and execute collaborative industry projects, ensuring these are aligned to strategic company goals and objectives;
- Plan and perform studies in cutting edge cell therapy projects and find creative ways to address scientific questions;
- Design and execute work packages in accordance with project plans and work diligently and efficiently to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
- Maintain a high degree of understanding and awareness of internal and external developments in stem cell research and to foster a working environment that promotes innovation;
- Build networks of external experts to identify and leverage new development opportunities and share best practices;
- Contribute scientific and technical expertise to multiple project teams;
- Coach and mentor the team's technical assistants whilst ensuring that they comply with agreed protocols to an industry standard.
To be successful you will need:
- PhD or equivalent in regenerative medicine, cell biology, immunology or other related biological sciences;
- Demonstrated knowledge in one or more of the following areas: stem cell biology, iPSCs, human HSCs, human immunology;
- Working experience with mammalian cell culture, stem cell differentiation, cell-based assays, flow cytometry and high content imaging platforms;
- Experience in handling and differentiation of human induced pluripotent stem cells.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills and excellent ability to work effectively in multidisciplinary teams;
- High levels of innovation and creativity to solve complex scientific problems;
- Strong organisational skills that facilitate planning, multitasking within timelines and deadlines;
- Ability to independently develop, optimise and deploy research support, as a member of a closely collaborative team;
- Excellent communication skills and work ethic.
- Experience working in projects across different therapeutic areas;
- Experience in or collaborating with the pharmaceutical industry and the drug discovery process;
- Working knowledge of GMP for ATMPs and regulations for cell and gene therapy products;
- Ability to work in dynamic small-group environments.
What we offer
- A competitive salary, an attractive pension and healthcare plans;
- Extremely stimulating work environment in proximity to both young biotech companies and big pharma;
- Opportunity to work with leading stem cell scientists and advisors from industry and academia;
- Chance to gain an experience in a wide range of cutting-edge techniques.
- Salary according to Experience