Antikor Biopharma is developing a unique and innovative class of Antibody Drug Conjugate (ADC) therapy called Fragment Drug Conjugates (FDCs). FDCs offer potential benefits over larger ADCs in the treatment of solid tumours due to their rapid penetration, delivery of high amounts of cytotoxic payload and fast clearance from normal tissues, resulting in better tolerability and a high therapeutic index. Antikor has developed their technology platform and are developing first oncology products in areas of high clinical unmet need.
Recent deals in the ADC area demonstrates how established this technology has become and how valuable this emerging area is. Antikor’s more advanced and focussed approach creates a major opportunity to bring differentiating products for solid cancers into clinical development.
In 2022, Antikor secured a major government grant and new investment to continue developing products for gastric cancer other solid tumours. The Company also expects to hit key milestones in 2022-3 to enable it to further expand and consolidate the team to work with pharmaceutical company partners and on further projects. Hence these are exciting and progressive times for Antikor!
- Maintain a high level of knowledge and skills in technical R&D areas related to chemical payloads, antibodies and Antibody-drug conjugates
- Communicate technical knowledge both internally and externally, with staff and collaborators at internal meetings, presentations and conferences
- Carry out laboratory R&D using Good Laboratory and Safety Practice (GLSP)
- Produce robust and accurate experimental reports, have organised electronic data management, prepare SOPs, batch reports and internal/external study reports as required.
- Demonstrate a high level of attention to detail and work to a high standard
- Attend internal and external Antikor meetings as required
- Liaise with contract research organisations and participate in multiple projects as required
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently
- Effective cross-functional interaction with other members of the Antikor team
- Track record of showing initiative and problem-solving
- Well organised with the ability to prioritise work supporting multiple programs
- BSc/MSci in Chemistry or chemistry-related discipline
- PhD in organic chemistry or a related discipline
- Preferably, at least 1 years’ appropriate post-doctoral experience.
- If no PhD-you will have at least 3 years’ post-graduate experience in a biotechnology/industrial environment
Key skills (essential)
- Plan and perform multistep organic synthesis to produce small molecule cytotoxins with a variety of linkers and protein reactive functional groups to enable the successful preparation of ADCs.
- Carryout necessary purification and characterisation of all intermediates and final products using standard chromatographic and spectroscopic techniques including HPLC and NMR
- Develop, validate and use appropriate analytical methods to study small molecules
- Ensure all final drug linker candidates for bioconjugation pass analytical and quality control
- Work with Antikor’s bioconjugation chemists to develop better linker/drug combinations to validate the companies key technologies
- Use all available databases and primary literature resources to keep up with developments in medicinal chemistry especially on small molecule cytotoxins derived from natural products, SAR studies, linkers and general synthetic methodology
- Ensure the smooth and safe running of the synthesis section and the laboratory environment in general
- Supervise junior members of the synthetic medicinal chemistry team to ensure all targets are met and projects completed successfully
- Experience in using small-molecule LCMS including both method development and maintenance
- Expertise in using automated flash chromatography and using HPLC to characterise and assess purity
- Ability to carry out micro-scale synthetic organic chemistry
- Competitive salary, including bonuses
- Flexible working
- HMRC-approved Share options scheme
- Pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Access to the GSK subsidised restaurant, shop, sports centre, shuttle bus to/from Stevenage station.
Send CVs/covering email to firstname.lastname@example.org