Autifony is a cutting-edge biotech company developing small molecule modulators of ligand and voltage-gated ion channels as new medicines for the treatment of serious disorders of the nervous system. Since its formation in 2011, Autifony has delivered three candidate molecules into clinical development. The Company’s pipeline includes clinical stage programmes for Fragile X and rare neurology and earlier stage programmes focused on Schizophrenia, Alzheimer’s Disease, Parkinson’s Disease, Fronto-Temporal Dementia and hearing loss. Autifony is based at the Stevenage Bioscience Catalyst in the UK and at the Istituto di Ricerca Pediatrica, Citta’ della Speranza in Padova, Italy (www.autifony.com).
Autifony is looking to expand its medicinal chemistry team, and is seeking a self-motivated, creative, and enthusiastic individual to become part of a dynamic preclinical R&D group. This role will be based at the Autifony laboratory at the Stevenage Bioscience Catalyst in Hertfordshire, UK.
Junior medicinal chemist
A recent graduate with ideally, 1-2 years of synthetic chemistry experience. The successful candidate will be expected to design, synthesize and characterize new chemical entities under the direction of the head of lab.
· Familiarity with the principles of synthetic and medicinal chemistry
· Creative thinking and ability to troubleshoot problems
· Ability to plan and execute multiple synthetic transformations independently and apply appropriate analytical and purification techniques (NMR, LC-MS, automated chromatography) to deliver fully characterized and pure target molecules from milligram to gram quantities.
· Experience in performing literature searches using chemistry databases and in applying the results to solve synthetic challenges
· Well organized and able to keep good records and documentation
· Ability to work within a team
· May have 1-2 years of chemistry laboratory experience in a Pharmaceutical, Biotech or University environment
· Working knowledge of the application of synthetic organic chemistry
· Good manual and technical laboratory skills relevant to a chemistry laboratory
· Familiar with good safe working practices and COSHH guidelines
· Degree or higher education qualification in a relevant chemistry discipline
Please send CV and covering letter to email@example.com